Sunday, July 29, 2018

Facing the fear

What have I done? I'm sitting here 23:00 on a Sunday night wondering why on earth I have signed up to something else! But in all honesty I was desperate; In April I signed up to Digital NMAHP Leadership course and my social media project has ground to a spectacular stop... I have one hundred excuses on the tip of my tongue including the age old NHS favourite - 'my clinical commitments are just too high' and whilst that is absolutely true, its never going to be any different and therefore requires a leap of faith to jump away from the every day to do something different in the hope that it eventually comes full circle and improves the care we deliver in an innovative and efficient way. My hope is that '23 things' will motivate, inspire and support my project development because if the truth be known, I'm scared of social media and my proposed project and am using high clinical commitments as something to hide behind. Today this hiding stops. I Sarah Nicol, practicing Occupational Therapist, will no longer hide and prevaricate. I will embrace and learn and, yes, make mistakes and that is okay. Today I have set up and written my first blog - let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment